Subject: International Letter Writing Competition for Young people 2021 – reg.
The Universal Postal Union organizes International Letter Writing Competition for Young people aged 9-15. The young people have to write letter on a given theme to win exciting prizes.
Aim of the Competition
To make young people aware of the important role played by the postal services in our societies
To develop their skills in composition and expression of thoughts
To foster enjoyment of letter writing and help strengthen the bonds of international friendship Theme
‘Write a letter to a family member about your experience with COVID-19’
Submission of Entries
In view of the prevailing Covid-19 situation in the country, the participating students can also write their International Letter Writing Composition from home. The entries have to be sent to the designated Nodal Officers of the concerned Postal Circles only through the mode of Speed Post. Details of the Nodal Officers of all the Postal Circles is enclosed and also available on the Department of post’s Website http://www.indiapost.gov.in
The last date for submission of entries is 5 th April, 2021
Subject: CSIR Innovation Award for School Children (CIASC 2021) – reg.
In order to inculcate scientific culture amongst school children, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) has instituted a competition ‘Innovation Award for School Children’.
Aim of the Competition
To build awareness, interest and motivation for intellectual property
To support scientific temperament and innovative spirit Eligibility Any Indian school going student
Up to Class XII
Below 18 years of age on 1st January, 2021
Submission of Entries
The last date for submission of entries is 30th April, 2021. The entry should be submitted in hard copy along with the authentication letter from the school to Head, CSIR-Innovation Protection Unit, Vigyan Suchana Bhawan, 14-Satsang Vihar Marg, Special Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110067.
15 Awards will be given for Novel Scientific and Technological Concept/Idea/Design/Solution to Existing Societal Problems
First Prize – Rs.1 Lakh
Second Prize – Rs.50,000 (2 Nos.)
Third Prize – Rs.30,000 (3 Nos.)
Fourth Prize – Rs.20,000 (4 Nos.)
Fifth Prize – Rs.10,000 (5 Nos.)
CSIR would also provide training in IPR to selected meritorious students along with their science teachers. The detailed guidelines for participation in the competition is available at www.csir.res.in.
School Heads are requested to disseminate the information amongst their students and motivate them to participate in the competition.
AI STUDENT COMMUNITY
CBSE in collaboration with Intel is launching AI Student Community – a youth-driven platform to encourage collaborative learning, sharing and creating AI-enabled social impact solutions. The objective is to help create a ‘Digital First’ mindset, unlock the true potential of AI for society, and build an AI-ready generation.
AI Student Community (AISC) aims to:
▪ Provide a platform for students to come together for learning and sharing experiences
▪ Leverage peer knowledge to create AI-enabled social impact solutions
▪ Spread AI awareness in an inclusive way
Key features of AISC:
1. This community is for students from all across the country.
2. Students will be able to register using basic information and later on access the website using a Login ID and a password
3. Registered members (students) will be able to:
▪ Learn AI as a skill and its application for social impact projects through real time webinars with Intel® AI certified coaches and experts
▪ Access AI learning resources curated from across the world
▪ Attend webinars and face to face boot camps to enhance their AI skills
▪ Participate in online challenges to test their knowledge and up-level themselves
▪ Share their experiences as Blogs
▪ Connect with students from across the country
▪ Discuss and deliberate on relevant AI topics in a moderator curated forum
▪ Get an opportunity to participate in national and international competitions and attend exclusive boot camps
To register, the ‘AI Student Community’ platform can be accessed on the CBSE website
http://www.cbseacademic.nic.in/ under the tab ‘AI Student Community’.
To know more about ‘AI Student Community’, please refer to the Information Manual (attached).
For any further queries / feedback please contact email@example.com or
WWF-India Wild Wisdom Global Challenge
Theme 2021: LIFE ON OUR PLANET
Interested students may confirm their participation over mail to firstname.lastname@example.org