Pedagogy at MIS International School
Pedagogy is the study of teaching and learning concerning predetermined educational goals. Two entities are engaged in the teaching-learning process: the instructor and the pupil. Pedagogy serves as a communication link between the two.
It includes the procedures that the instructor will use to deliver a lesson and the techniques for assessing the student’s response to the transmitted knowledge.
Pedagogy, which is shaped by the educator’s personal experiences, must consider the context in which learning occurs and with whom it occurs. It is not about the resources employed, but the process and approach used to create effective cognitive learning.
Experts and educationists regard pedagogy as a tool for good teaching and learning. Accordingly, they have created a variety of practical pedagogical approaches to that end.
The Importance of Pedagogy in Child Development in the Classroom
Education has seen significant change during the last several decades. It is now more accessible to students than ever before. In addition, formal education is now offered in various learning disciplines for a wide range of learners, and it is delivered via technology-enabled channels.
It has been made feasible because teaching techniques have changed with our environment.
A well-planned pedagogy may increase the quality of teaching and the way students learn, allowing them to understand key content better. In addition, being conscious of how one teaches can help them understand better how to assist students in achieving deeper learning.
It can also affect student perception, resulting in cooperative learning settings. The appropriate technique assists pupils in progressing from fundamental kinds of thinking, such as basic memory and understanding, as defined by the Bloom’s taxonomy pyramid, to more advanced learning processes like analysis, assessment, and creativity.
Students can benefit from a teaching procedure that promotes their chosen learning styles and prefer to study.
Pedagogy At MIS International School
MIS International School seeks to offer high-quality education programs that emphasize creative and entertaining learning settings. As a result, children learn to think beyond formal learning in today’s educational environment.
The goal of MIS International School is to provide global education with holistic development. MIS International School teaches students to enhance their minds while encouraging their curiosity through a customizable curriculum. Consequently, students are free of the limits of mental obstacles and may allow their imaginations to run wild.
Every student at MIS is cherished and respected, feels protected and secure, and develops a healthy self-concept. To do this, we use an integrated strategy and child-centered approach to meet the areas of holistic development:
- Language Development: It will prepare students for successful communication while encouraging expressive language. It improves familiarity with print material, vocabulary, and book handling skills aiding the discovery of meaning in writing.
- Numeracy Development: Pre-number concept, categorization, sequential thinking, serration, problem-solving, and reasoning are all aspects of numeracy development that will be taught to students.
- Cognitive Development: By offering chances to explore, examine, and experiment, Cognitive Development at MIS International School fosters intellectual curiosity and conceptual comprehension of the world around us.
- Physical Development: It lays the groundwork for fine and gross motor development. Creative Development fosters aesthetic appreciation as well as creative learning processes.
- Personal, Social, and Emotional Development: It will help students foster the growth of social skills, social competence, and emotional well-being.
The importance of creativity is also heavily emphasized at MIS International School. The STEAM method is used in MIS classrooms, based on the Theory of Multiple Intelligence presented by world-renowned educationist Prof. Howard Gardner.
STEAM is a method of educating students that focuses on Science and Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics, which are the fundamental building blocks for any career.
Students go through the five A’s of a classroom experience:
- Aim: Rather than having chapter or page numbers, students will know exactly what they learn from the teachers.
- Action: Students will engage in hands-on activities and experimentation to better understand the concepts’ use and application in real life.
- Analysis: Students will be able to reflect on their experiences and further investigate the idea through questions and responses.
- Application: Students will be equipped to use workbooks to apply and practice what they have learned to improve their writing abilities.
- Assessment: Students will take periodic examinations that assess and provide feedback on their progress in three crucial areas:
- Understanding Concepts
- Applied Thinking,
- English Language and Comprehension.
MIS International School seeks to develop responsible citizens and lifelong learners who will contribute to humanity’s real advancement. It offers the best quality education by trained, creative, and knowledgeable staff and a comprehensive curriculum in a safe, innovative learning environment.
Entrust your children’s future to MIS International School and watch them develop into responsible global citizens.